- As for the homes, there are 40-75 percent of the worlds species living with me. There are 67 tribes of people that live in me with very little to no contact with the rest of the world.
- Much of the my plants have not been tested for medical purposes.
- Sugar, banana and other fruits, many different nuts, spices, rice, cocoa and coffee are a some of the foods that we originally discovered in me.
- I am a great helper to the surrounding areas. I release moisture into the air, which falls as rain somewhere else, keeping the water cycle going. Without the moisture I release there would be less rain which could lead to deserts to form.
- Finally I help to soak up a lot of water and release it slowly which stops the rivers from flooding yet keeps them flowing when there is less rain. When I am cleared away from rivers, the chance of flooding increases because I cannot soak up the rainfall before it gets to the ground.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Why am I important?
5 good reasons why I am important are that I am a home for many species including humans, medicines, food, the climate and flood prevention.